Tuesday, May 12, 2009

South Paradise-OH!










A couple of years ago I had the privilege of doing some fine art painting for South Paradiso Leather. If you don't know about SPL be prepared to have your mind blown!

Romulus Von Stezelberger is the man behind the leather curtain and has been keeping alive the long lost art of amazing hand crafted and tooled, one of a kind leather garments and accessories. Romulus is truly a leather master and genius! In need of a top hat, cape to wear at your next coven gathering, or a leather mask, well...just because?!!!....you can find it all at South Paradiso Leather. The pictures above are of leather panels I painted, that were then sewn into inserts of jackets. (I'm sure you can recognize the "Yes" album art re-creations, and the Alphonse Mucha).

You can now see his creations up close and in person at his new boutique located on the Sunset strip in Hollywood.
8533 Sunset Blvd (near Sunset Plaza)

Check out his website. Don't sleep!
http://southparadisoleather.com/body.html

2 comments:

  1. Dude! We took Cass (izzy wolf mamma) and Jason out to this craze flea market today and I spotted these patches and made Cass buy two of em for you! Figured you and the old man could throw em on a jacket or whatever... so awesome.
    http://www.gnarlitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bowiepatches.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks! That's the raddest news! I'm so flattered that you are checking out my blog. YOURS is the rulingest by the way! Mine is such a work in prog. I have a 20 month old little dude on my hands, and he keeps me pretty busy. Would love to meet you someday! xo!

    ReplyDelete